Sunday 10 February 2013

Day One

So, it's the first day of Round1, 2013. BRING IT ON.

So far - I'v eaten breakfast (yay, this is a BIG thing for me, I HATE breakfast food)> I had really yummy low fat vanilla yoghurt with a delicious home made paleo granola. Yummo!

I dropped my eldest at school - and then headed straight to the gym. I got there heaps early, and was going to wait around until the 9:30 class started. This was my excuse to avoid the interval sprints that are on the L&F program for Day one. Then the creche director said, "What are you waiting for? Get out there and do it." So I did.

I ran for 15 minutes as a warm up. I did 15 minutes on the rower (OH MY GOD I AM DYING ALREADY). I did 15 minutes interval sprints. Did I follow the plan - yes about 85%. The speeds on the interval sprints were simply too much for me - but I tried my hardest and that's ok. I did the best I could - and L&S is certainly a challenge for me this round. I'm gonna do my best, not give up, and smash my fitness goals.



I went to the finale over the weekend. I was so inspired by the amazing women there - the men and women who won transformation prizes, inspirational models, etc. But most of all it was those of us who hide in the background, who plod along and don't boast about our achievements, who secretly wish we had enough self confidence to put ourselves out there - YOU INSPIRE ME THE MOST. Because the hardest part of the struggle to become healthy is making the commitment to yourself. And you've done that. And so have I.

My beautiful friend just posted this:
"My parents used to have this old queenslander and it was nothing fancy. But it's stumps were rotting out. They had to restump the whole house for it to be standing again. And that's kind of how I've seen this journey. You could pretty up the house itself but if you didn't replace the stumps it would eventually collapse no matter what it looked liKE. I always knew that was the secret was changing who I was on the inside I just didn't know how and one day it just all clicked and I got it."

YES!!!!

Has it just clicked for me? I truly think so. Because as much as I want the outside of me to be 'beautiful' (according to whom? I don't know ...), I truly want to feel beautiful on the inside and be TRULY AT PEACE with myself. So that means treating my body like a temple, because it does amazing things, it really does. 

So to those Easter Eggs sitting in the cupboard - enjoy that cupboard, cos you're not coming out until the Easter Bunny visits my kids. To the two vodka cruisers sitting in the fridge - meh. To the delicious healthy food sitting in my fridge - welcome. To my children - your mum is back, baby!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment