Tuesday 1 January 2013

12 highlights

So there have been a few posts from some amazing friends on Facebook lately proudly annoucning 12 major accomplishments that they have achieved in 2012. I'm gonna copy that, because I love that idea!!

1. I turned 30 years old. Major, major milestone for me - incredibly exciting, scary and confronting at the same time. I remember looking in vain for something beautiful to wear to my party - and couldn't find a damn thing to fit. But my party was awesome, it showed how many wonderful people I have in my life that love me and celebrated with me.

2. I started the 12WBT. This program has helped me to change my life in more ways than I thought possible. It takes a lot of courage to join a program you know nothing about in the vain hope that *something* will work. And has this baby worked? You bet your pretty arse it has!!

3. I lost 31kg!! That's insane!! It's like losing the combined weight of my 5 year old and my 3 year old!!

4. I started - and completed - my graduate diploma in education. A massive, massive undertaking which involved full time study, full time prac and a huge amount of self growth.

5. I watched my eldest son commence and complete Kindergarten. He was always a beautifully articulate, compassionate little man, but now he has the self confidence in his own abilities to take on the world! He wants to be a chef, an astronaut, a DJ, a teacher, a nurse and a racing motorbike rider. This kid can do anything. But my achievement in all of this was guiding him - and also letting him take the reins. Releasing that control and allowing my son to venture out on his own and learn from his mistakes was really difficult for me to do. I think all mothers want the best for their children, and for me, allowing myself to step away and watch his growth and development was both confronting and really liberating. To know that I have helped to equip him for success in life is amazing.

6. I met Emazon. To say that this woman and her teachings has helped me is an understatement. I know that some people get upset about how much praise this woman gets, and to an extent I agree. I certainly credit Emma with giving me some of the tools I needed to realise that I have my own strength and my own power. I would have eventually gotten it by myself, but she gave me the kick in the bum I needed to get rid of my Louis Vuitton and make my bubble bulletproof. I'm certainly not there, but I'm well on my way baby!

7. I started to exercise and learned to LOVE IT. I truly enjoy going to the gym, and 12 months ago I would have commited you to a psych unit if you told me I would be saying that. I love the freedom I get at the gym - I can work my arse off for an hour, I don't think about anyone else but me, and it's brilliant.

8. I became a part-time single mum when my hubby had to move away for work. He worked for 12 days on, and then flew home for 2 days. So I studied full time, was a full time stay-at-home mum and participated in the Kindy committee all by myself. I protected my family and did a BLOODY GOOD JOB all by myself. That experience really taught me about my own personal strengths, and how I can do whatever I want, when I set my mind to it.

9. I flew to Sydney for a weekend away WITHOUT MY FAMILY for the first time EVER. I have NEVER been away from my children for more than one night. I flew to Sydney for the 12WBT finale and HAD A BLAST!! I had such a great time, rooming with two gorgeous ladies and partying the night away with the awesome 30+ crew who blow my mind. I love you all xoxo

10. I got a great job. I got a GREAT JOB that over 70 people applied for - and they thought I was good enough to give it to me. Talk about an ego-boost :)

11. I watched my three little men grow up, and realised that my preoccupation with having a daughter had faded into the background, and that the pain I experienced so acutely for so long is now just a dull ache. One that I feel will never go away, but HOLY CRAP - I am the luckiest mother in the whole world because I got the three best little boys in the universe to call my own. Those little boys make me proud every day, and when I think of how much I love them, I can't even stand it.

12. I got off my anti-depressants and haven't looked back. Massive.

So there you go, Kirsty. You've done more for me and my family than you will ever know, because of your beautiful heart and compassion. I've met you once, but you made an impression on me from that very first moment, and I can't wait to catch up again. xoxo

BRING IT ON, 2013!!

3 comments:

  1. friggen fist pumping post babe! You are awesome! Dont you ever forget it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Just WOWWWWWWW!!!! I don't cry often at other people's blog posts, but this one brought several tears to my eyes!! Hearing about how proud you are of yourself for accomplishing these feats, particularly getting your qualification, raising your boys, managing your family, and beatng 70 people for your dream job ... Amazing work Kylie, so so soooo proud of you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I am so overwhelmed by your list. You are amazing Kylie, that is all. So incredibly proud of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete